Tuesday, March 17, 2009

this is what some of us have to say...


Menaka, 22

I’m a grown up. I wanted to do all the cool stuff that grown ups do. Or at least have to right to do. I want to be an adult and be treated as one and hence, I want to vote. Why do I think I become a grown up if I vote? It’s because I will feel responsible. I will know that I participated in something that had an impact on the entire country. It’s huge. If I don’t vote I would lose out on the opportunity to be part of something huge.


Sona, 22

Do not ask what the country has done for you, ask what you have done for your country. This is what I believe in. Thats why, I am taking the opportunity this year to cast my vote. I feel that we ourselves have to bring about the change we want to see. If we want to change or improve the system, we have to be a part of it and not just sit back and crib about how and why the government is not functioning properly.

I know my vote will make a difference.



Mridula, 18

One day, there came a circular in my college for students to register for voting for the upcoming elections. Contrary to the belief that the youth don’t vote or they are disinterested, I could see lots of genuine excitement for voting within the students, I being one of them. I took one form and read. Sadly, there was a condition that the applicant should be 18 years or more on 1st January, 2009. And there goes my chance of voting as I was not 18 on that date and now I have to wait 5 years to vote. But no worries as I am doing my job as a citizen by influencing others to vote.


if you have your story to tell us, please write in to artrevel@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment